Thursday, March 9, 2023

Critical Theory? Worth It?

 Although I don’t agree with some of the arguments that the authors make in these studies/articles that I’ve selected, it does provide a nice view and counterpoint to my own thoughts and ideas. 


No plan is complete without first doing a proper reconnaissance and knowing the enemy’s disposition. That was a troop-leading procedure that was drilled into me in the military whenever we planned an exercise or operation. 

Whether it was a desk reconnaissance or an active field reconnaissance it's important to know the battlefield as it is defined by the enemy forces. Now, I’m not suggesting the authors are my enemy, I think the point is clear that it’s best to know all of the arguments and perspectives on the other side of the aisle if only so I can make my own arguments stronger and can expect what arguments detractors or readers might make while reading what we might produce. 

My intention now is to make sure that the arguments listed on the countervailing side of these concepts are accounted for in my own work to preempt arguments and make my own work stronger. 


No comments: