I tried to run in Sugar Land in March. I failed. I showed up but I couldn't find it. I tried to find it but I didn't look hard enough. So I quickly found another race, this one in Pearland, to run.
I promise, I promise! . . . that I was going to run slow. I was going to take it easy. But then I get out there. I see my running buds. I'm surrounded by other crazy people who are up too early on the weekend to pound the pavement. And what happens? I go too fast.
This time I came in second place. Last month, with a 5K, I came in first in my age group. This time, second.
I still have to sign up for my April run. I think I'll go do that now and knock that out. I promise . . .promise that in my April run I'm going to jog, not run . . . jog and enjoy the scenery. \
No comments:
Post a Comment