A colleague in school wrote about regurgitating ideas or going over the same ground twice. Specifically they said, "how many ideas are out there that are similar?"
That is something that I've struggled with for quite a while. It feels like eventually, or perhaps already, we will just start saying the same thing over and over. I read an article a few weeks back, from the 1970's by Hintzman and Block that dealt the memory strengthening through repetition verse memory resiliency through creating deeper and larger memory networks. This article showed an experiment that was similar to the one that I hope to design and study for my own dissertation, testing deliberate practice via after training spaced practice vs exercises woven into the framework of the training. It boils down to the same basic tenets of the Hintzman and Block article, strength through repetition vs multiple trace memory theory. Like you said, going over the same ground again.
References
Hintzman, D. L., & Block, R. A. (1971). Repetition and memory: Evidence for a multiple-trace hypothesis. Journal of Experimental Psychology, 88(3), 297–306. https://doi.org/10.1037/h0030907
No comments:
Post a Comment