I had an interesting chat with a colleague from class, Bernard, the other day. He mentioned how little time there is in his life for class work and reflection. I know I've written about Microlearning before (see here) and reflective practice (see here) but it's worth bringing up again.
I know that when I am done with courses taking time to write about things, reading from others and applying what I know to their own discussion posts, and just generally taking the time to think about the courses, offers a terrific opportunity for reflection. However we usually only have our learners for a few hours to a day. Rarely do we have a chance to interact with our learners for more than a day.
Last week I had the opportunity to be a part of a panel discussion on microlearning/spaced learning and chatbots. I think more than any other tool the opportunity that these microlearning/spaced learning or chatbots provide offer us the best chance to engage learners after the fact and perhaps activate that reflective moment for them. I've been stunned by how critical reflection is in learning and long-term memory development and how little it is focus on as a part of my organization's overall learning paradigm.
No comments:
Post a Comment