We read two excepts from a text book regarding qualitative research this week. I wish I could post them here, but they're copy-righted so that's a no-go. Bu, I got alot of out of the two KB excerpts that we read this week, and also like my colleagues, I found that these helped me understand one of our other texts, this one by Michael Crotty.
Crotty feels very much like the deep end of the pool. These two excerpts helped me wade into that deep end, from the shallow end rather than just being thrust into the deep end. I feel like those two excerpts were helping me to swim and showing me the basics behind swimming, rather than just expecting the swimming to happen at full strength right away.
The other aspect of this week's lessons that I appreciated was the "What's Hot and What's Not" video. In it Dr. Holloway-Libell discussed taking the time to understand qualitative research, understanding the basics, and getting a good foundation. I remember when I first started down this journey toward my PhD I remember in my first class that the professor said the same thing. They wanted us to read and get used to the terms and be comfortable discussing them, using the terms, and understanding the terms. This makes for much richer communication and more effective communication. It was nice to be given that opportunity and that advice to "slow down and start to understand" the information.

No comments:
Post a Comment