Colby and Les both wrote about Virtual Online Training vs Live Training, specifically, if they can be merged.
I wonder if there is more to this regarding the hybrid or blended learning model that incorporates both live audiences and online learners. I know we had success in creating a connection with our online learners when we put iPhone in their hands and quizzed them throughout the day. The real time feedback capability too provided some insight for the instructor to immediately address problem areas that were identified in the quizzes.
Our next step would have been to provide real time feedback and analysis via those iPhones to the “analysis videos” we were screening. But, although these helped us with the engagement of the online learner we abandoned the hybrid (online and in person) model and didn’t look for any tools that could be used to help with that model.
I wonder now what more we could have done to make that model more effective. I think of a Ted Talk with the ability for the online learner to feel as engaged. I think back and wonder if we had hired two or three producers to be the backstage or co-host if that might have helped more.
Or maybe having iPhones in the hands of the online audience and the in person audience, so both could equally engage. I would love to hear not only if anyone was successful in sustaining this hybrid model, but also in keeping it engaging for all concerned, and what types of tools they used.
No comments:
Post a Comment