What’s this mean? First it means I’ve hit 10K for the month. Really I’ve hit well over 10K for the month. How many K’s is 5 miles plus 3 miles? Like 12K right?
So, that’s good. Secondly, I ran this one just for fun. I started slow, 8 min pace, then got frustrated with the crowds around me and took off for the next two miles.
I’ll say this. I’ve run a lot of races in my life. Not only that, in college I helped organize races for the city. I’ve got some experience. No race organizer ever should have both the half marathon course and the 5K course loop almost completely around the parking lot. Doing this means that every car is trapped by the runners trickling around the course for as long as the course is open. What? 3 hours? Sure, runners can do what I did and sneak between gaps in runners, but that’s putting people at risk. Instead they should have placed the route away front the damn parking lot. It’s stunning to me the way that created that route and parking. They should be fined.
Other than that, I’ll say this . . . It was super cold!


No comments:
Post a Comment