Guess what fans? There is not 1K er out there. So your hero needs to go find another run. Guess what! I did!
Next week I’ll run a 5K in Katy. Just a little 5K race. So that plus this 5 miler will be way over 10K. Why not just do the 10 miler that was a part of today’s race? Cause I’m not crazy.
I really don’t like long races anymore. 10K might be my limit for long races. I watched some of those 10 miler people today and I in no way felt jealous of what they were doing. Blech. No thanks. I’ll take a 10 K or a 5 miler any day, but anything beyond that? I just don’t see it.
Today the goal was to run the first 3 miles as fast as I could then go into survival mode for the last two miles. The thought is that if I can do that, then my 5K time might improve. Well, there was some damn 20 year old kid who latched onto me at about the 1 mile mark and wouldn’t fall back. He paced off of me for the next two miles staying right on my heels . . . Quite obviously on my heels. Right when we hit 3 miles I told him to go on without me. Did he? Nope! He basically told me to keep it up. Pride is my downfall. But I needed water so at the water break I stopped to walk a bit. Once I started running again he told me to catch them up. I couldn’t. I was dead. Survival mode remember? I kept him in sight and finished within a minute of him, but I couldn’t catch up to him and the other fella that made up their little team. We chatted afterward . . . He was super nice, and oh my gosh I’ve never felt so old! I think he was 20! That’s 30 years difference!
Where has the time gone!


No comments:
Post a Comment