I'm not sure I have a true golden nugget this week.
I think whatever epiphany has come this week has come by way of the homework we were graded on. After the initial shock, I went into analysis mode, and seeing the comments from Dr. Liang has given me a truer understanding of qualitative research design than the readings have.
It's much like cooking something and being pleased with it when dining solo, vs serving it to friends and getting feedback. Hearing from others and getting feedback directly helps understand weaknesses that might have taken longer to have been revealed by myself (if they ever would have been revealed).
Additionally, it's nice to have the DFL opportunity. I remember when I was in technical writing, I would always struggle to get a document or manual back with no red lines at all. I never did. It's humbling and incredibly instructive to have that editor read over your stuff and get that feedback from an outside source. Makes the document stronger.
Now that I'm going back and writing the Research Purpose, Questions, & Rationale document again I (hope) see where I went off base and how I can make the research design stronger. So I guess that's my nugget for this week. I've learned more this week from the homework feedback than any amount of Crotty might give me (nothing against Crotty).
No comments:
Post a Comment