My side of the family is huge on traditions, especially Christmas traditions. My wife's side of the family enjoys traditions as well. I went to a school where it is said, "the first time it's a mistake, the second time it's a tradition." So naturally I have a lot of tradition running through my blood.
One tradition that I have apparently created by myself and for myself is one of running on Christmas day. I've checked through my MapMyRun app and my Apple fitness app and have noticed that for the last five or six years I've gone for a run on Christmas day.
It's usually between Christmas brunch with one family and (somewhat too formal) Christmas night dinner and skits party, and I looks as though, it's something I need. Maybe all of those parties and things to do and things going on, I like to have a moment or a few miles by myself.
Today it was 4 miles with some situps at the end. Boy did I need it. Love my tradition!

No comments:
Post a Comment