Friday, December 24, 2021

Duoethnography

My golden nugget this week is about my duoethnography project. My partner and I have vastly different stories and backgrounds. 

I doubt you could find two people with more opposite backgrounds and histories than she and I have. 

Yet, what I found continually amazing throughout our project and our interviews is that despite those differences (again, vast) we both ended up in the same place. For me this shows the remarkable nature of both the human spirit but also of our country which provides so much access and resources for everyone. Despite our differences, my partner and I are on the same path now and working toward the same degrees. 

Regardless of our differences those similarities have overcome the challenges that both of us have faced and instead of the challenges stopping us, we both persevered in our own ways and not walk the same track together. For me, that's a validation that no matter the problems we all might face, socially, culturally, or personally, there is something fundamentally correct about the KSU experiment and the US experience that helps people, like water, find the level that they want. 

Additionally, when considering those differences between me and my partner, I found that we focuses on the similarities and found more and more similarities the more we spoke. Again, a testament to human nature!


No comments: