Saturday, November 25, 2023

Event Horizon

I’m not sure there’s much more I can do. I feel like I’m past the event horizon. That my little spaceship is going into the black hole no matter what I might do. I sit here and worry at my presentation but nothing too brilliant comes out of that time, maybe a tweak or two, but nothing world-rocking.

My proposal is on Monday. I’ve taken Monday off from work completely. Did I need to? Not really, but I only wanted to worry about one thing, not a host of things. So, I’m off. 

But I’ve spent most of my time not rehearsing, not making my presentation better, but just pecking away. Is it stronger? Sure. But only marginally so. I practiced with Andrew last week. Then I had my rehearsal with Dr. Kang on Monday. Since then I’ve practiced with my son, my brother, and tomorrow Andrew again. I don’t know what else I can do. 

Like I said, it’s as if the momentum is moving me inexorably toward this presentation and there’s not much I can do about it. I’ll either do well, or I’ll do poorly. Anything I might do now will only change that by a small-ish percent. 

No comments: