I was thinking of this post today and the other day (HERE). In it I discuss alternate universes and the way that different people view the world around them. It came up today because my brother sent me a link on the Mandela Effect. Put simply the Mandela Effect is a bit like mass hysteria. It's when different people all miss-remember the same thing. Named for the memory that many people have of Nelson Mandela dying in prison in the 1980s. But, here's the thing . . . He didn't die in the 1980s.
When I read the article about it, the author writes about how the Mandela Effect could be chalked up to all of our different personalities, or states of consciousness across all of the different alternate universes getting memories mixed up. Although I love the idea of different universes or alternate worlds, I don't buy this line of thinking.
Why was I thinking about this? The other day I heard from the old friend who inspired my original post on alternate realities. I remember when I wrote that I was frustrated that they were so intent on not being able to talk or speak, yet, we were in the midst of an opportunity to talk or speak! So frustrating. It would be like writing to someone and saying, "I'd love to write more," and not taking that opportunity to write more.
This same person once told me that they always looked for me at Golden Beginnings events. I told them I don't go to those. "I know," they said, "But I look for you anyway." My response was "Why don't you tell me you're going and we could meet you there."
I think I'm too pragmatic. By that same token, I think my friend is too whimsical. Now, and the reason I'm writing this, is that they think the next chance we'll have to talk will be when or if we end up at the same nursing home decades from now. Did I mention this person is far too whimsical? How bout you pick up the phone? How bout coffee some time? No need for nursing home hopes.
Now THERE's a novel title, . . . Nursing Home Hopes
No comments:
Post a Comment