Sunday, November 26, 2023

The Power of Rehearsals

I’ve rehearsed my defense so much that I’m kinda at my wits end. Each morning for the last few days, almost a week really, I’ve gotten up and done a bit of work on the presentation, a few touch ups, a bit of improvements, but nothing too significant. 

Last week I practiced with 4 or 5 people. I don’t know if it’s going to get any better. Sadly, I woke up this morning and I was supremely uninspired. I just want the whole thing over with. Either I pass or I have to go back and try again, but I want to move to the next thing. This sitting around is driving me stir crazy. 

Then I got a chance to rehearse with Andrew. 

BOOM! Reinvigorated. I stayed up there after my rehearsal with him and I put together several sheets of notes and other thoughts on what I might need to defend. I’m amped and ready.

Sadly, I also watch Andrew’s rehearsal. So, now I have a bit of imposter syndrome. Andrew is a professor at a community college in the NE. This is his milieu. His presentation is so straightforward no scholarly. Mine is filled with animation and movement and images. His has cogent and erudite quotes and texts. Mine has clever slide design. I’m a tad worried. But, I figure if mine was that bad I would have heard something by now. 

This time tomorrow, I’ll know what’s next! 

No comments: