I had a vendor recently say "I hope there's a world where we can work together." I was a funny thing to say. My response was, "I betcha there is, providing that we can agree on a price."
Why was it funny to hear?
I remember hearing an old girlfriend say that to me once. It was something about "I wish there was a world where we could be together." I remember thinking then too, "there is, all we have to do is make it work." I think it's an absurd thing to say because if we were in a world where we might not work together, or in the case of the old girlfriend, where we couldn't be together, then we wouldn't be talking. The world where that doesn't happen, doesn't even have us talking. The world where we can "work" together or the world where we can "be" together is happening now.
It reminds me of the post I wrote on "is what it is" (see here). I don't subscribe to that believe or saying. I believe the world is what we make it. If I want to work with a vendor, I find a way to make it happen. If I want to see a girlfriend in Belgium or school or anywhere else, I make it happen. That world where it doesn't happen, then we don't even talk . . . We aren't even having the conversation!
So, I guess my point is, quit talking about a universe where things can happen, be the agent of change for your own universe.
No comments:
Post a Comment