Monday, November 15, 2021

This Week's Golden Nugget

As I mentioned in our call this week, I think the golden nugget for me this week was the categorization and identification of the different perspectives we all bring to our work. 


It's one thing to know that we have these, it's another to list them, know the strengths and weaknesses, understand when we are prone to fall victim to using them too often, and understand how they might effect any collection or analysis. 

We all wear many hats and have multiple personas. I think of my children when they watch the movie Inside Out and how the main character is a victim to and controlled by her emotions. In this case instead of emotions who make up our different personas, the readings this week made me think of all the different characters that I play a part of in my life, . . . through my life. But, as I mentioned, the key is to identify, understand, and use them appropriately. 


No comments: