Monday, November 8, 2021

Flexibility While Changing

Every week in this Qualitative Research class we have to write reflective summations about that week's readings. This week, with the Anzaldua reading and the postivism reading, I really thought a lot of what we read about was about flexibility and change. 


What I noticed when reviewing this section and the readings and more specifically my comments in these discussions is that "change" and being "flexible" was very much a touchstone of all my comments.
 Although there were aspects of change in all of our reading, and there were aspects of flexibility, I also wonder to what degree I'm reading those things into the passages, or looking at the readings through the lens of change and flexibility. I wonder if factors in my life are encouraging me to look at the passages from the lenses. 

If this is the case, how do my own perspectives and the things I'm going through in life affect, or how will they affect my reading of any results from my qualitative research studies. If changed and flexibility is foremost in my mind and I read passages with that lens in place, what lens will be in place when I analyze my results? How can I ensure that I'm reading the results without a lens so that the reading is as unbiased as possible? Or should we have a bias and allow them to help us read the data. 


No comments: