Saturday, November 20, 2021

The WSJ is WRONG

One of my favorite things to do on Saturday mornings is to either sit in front of the fire or sit outside on the patio, and read the Review Section of the Saturday WSJ. Just relaxing, enjoyable, and interesting . . . . especially with a cup of coffee and a sweater. 


Today I read an article where I realized that the WSJ couldn't be more wrong. This article (HERE) might require me to cancel my subscription. 

Among the many atrocities of which they write as fact was this:


I know Sadie understands me. They might be right, that it take intonation, inflection, and gestures to get messages across, but isn't that true in all things? 

If I say something on the phone isn't the message and the intent different than a text? If I kiss someone while talking to them, won't the meaning be more substantial than if I say it to them from across the room. If someone is on my lap and I say something while holding their hands, won't my thoughts, feelings, intentions and emotions be better understood if I say it with not inflection at all?

Sadie hears me. I'll give the WSJ another chance, but they better be on their best behavior now. 


No comments: