I write about airports alot I find. Why? Well, I find myself at airports an awful lot. I have been traveling a lot and I get to check out a lot of airports, and I get to write at a lot of airports (if you'd like to see all of those posts, go search "airports" and you'll see em all).
BUT, other than my telling you that Denver is by far the worst airport among all those that I've visited, what I can tell this audience about airports that might not have come to the fore of their thoughts and attention, is the glaringly obvious fact that airport security stinks.
Certainly this isn't some huge epiphany. I guess where my review is different than the hoi-polloi is that I see it in terms of innovation. What's it been? 22 years since September 11th? It's been probably 20 years since the shoe bomber failed. Yet, the same security standards we had immediately after those two events are STILL in place today.
Think about that . . . 20 years ago I started taking off my shoes. I'm still taking off my shoes.
Oh . . . what about Pre-Check.
Pre-Check could be the most ridiculous background check ever made. So typical for the government. Think about that . . . I've had Pre-Check and what's that get me? What's that background check get me?
- I can keep my computer in my bag
- I don't have to take off my shoes
It's been 20 years! Where are the facial recognition standards? Where are the background checks that are so rigorous that I can walk in without any screening? Where's the innovation.
If I spent 20 years at my job and had not changed any aspect of my processes ostensibly, I'd be fired. I'm surprised we put up with it.
No comments:
Post a Comment