This article (linked HERE) expresses something something I've been a proponent of for a very long time. I think one of the ultimate signs of fitness, at any level, is whether or not the person can do a pullup, and to judge level of fitness, count the number of pullups.
When I worked as a SEAL PT Course instructor, I was a huge advocate for people to do pullups. So often I would see the ladies cheating, kicking or frogging their way up, what do they call it now? Kipping? I'd see people, women and men, put their feet on a spotter to help them up.In almost every case I always pushed them to stop kipping, to stop using a spotter for their feet, and to do more pullups. There are few things saucier than a cute gal who can also do pullups!
Regarless, if you can't do a pullup, do them with a spot, but work to do them without. I am still doing pullups, despite the shoulder challenges. And do I kip? Nope. Strict is the hallmark for me! I have three different pullup bars around the house and in the garage. Thinking of adding another outside. I intend to keep doing them for years!
No comments:
Post a Comment