Route? It was run on a sidewalk, not a road. Why? I'm sure they saved money on police by keeping everyone off the roads. But imagine hundreds of people all jogging, and running on the same sidewalk. There's no easy way to pass, you are stuck in the group you are in. So, good luck keeping the pace that you might want.
Secondly, it was a there-and-back double looper for anyone doing more than 5K. So you're going to make me run by the finish line AND see the same exact things I just saw? Pass.
And the worst part was the heat. It was early morning, sure, but it was already 90 degrees and there wasn't a bit of shade. Often I'll run by people who shouldn't be running.
What do I mean?
I mean at mile 1 they're already blowing . . . ragged breath, slow, plodding, dying. I actually felt sorry for and worried about several men I saw like that in this race.
That was me by mile 3. Ragged breath, etc etc. I only did the 5K.
All in all, a race to forget.


No comments:
Post a Comment