Tuesday, August 8, 2023

I Keep Saying Last Class - This Time I Mean It

I keep saying this is my last class . . . or this is my last big hurdle, . . . or this is the last thing I have to do for my PhD. But this all comes with qualifiers. What do I mean? Why am I bringing this up? 


Today, I turned in my last paper/assignment for my last class toward my PhD. It's a big deal to me. The paper was a submission to an academic journal. Basically, I took parts of my dissertation proposal, the one on VR and emotion, and pared it down quite a bit. I submitted it to the journal and sent proof of the submission and a copy of the proposed article to my professor. I would post it here too, on this blog, but I can't. If it gets accepted to be published, it can't be published anywhere else previously. 

The picture by the way shows all of my class notes and binders from classes I've taken over the past 3 and a half years. 56 credit hours of classes and 12 credit hours of dissertation writing. 

By the way . . . I got an A.Not a sure thing by the way. I got an A- twice from this professor in this course. Several people in the class have gotten B's. So, getting an A wasn't a sure thing by any stretch. 

BUT, I'm done. Like, done DONE. That's it for classes.

Now, the only thing I have to do is complete my experiment, which as I've mentioned before, then I need to analyze and write up the discussion and results. Hopefully, I'll be defending in December . . . then I'll be done DONE with the entire program. 

Well, except for one thing. I may want to get my qualitative certificate. This is a certificate I can append to the degree that says I've done enough study into qualitative research that I'm an actual qualitative researcher. Am I? Sure. Is it my specialty? No. BUT, I need one more class and a published article and then I can get it. Maybe I'll wait till next year for that. 

No comments: