Monday, May 4, 2026

Contest Entries

For a moment I hesitated in my decision about whether or not to post that last entry. Is it okay for me to write about someone else's entry, particularly if it is bad? What if that author comes to this blog and recognizes his story? I could end up ostracizing potential fans.

But I considered it this way. If JA Konrath, an author whose blog I frequent, was judging a contest and reported on Toe the Line I would want to read it. Even if he wrote:

"The dialouge is silly, and the relationships between the characters are ridiculous. The worst part is the author thinks I care about racing, but does little to make me care about. He should go back to his day job."

I would want to read that. Seriously. So now, I am going to post my impressions of the entries, relate them to my own experience, and HOPE that the author does eventually recognize his work. I hope it helps them.

No comments: