I just sent away my manuscript to Kate Lee of ICM on an exclusive basis. It wasn’t as painful as I thought. In fact I was fairly and pleasantly surprised. The worst part about it was the cost, and half of that will be lessened the next time I send a full manuscript by mail.
It cost me approximately $30 to print the manuscript. I had already formatted the manuscript according to the accepted conventions, so it was as easy as uploading it to the FedExKinko’s website, then picking it up once they were done. Came in a nice little box too. I took that to the post office and told them I needed it to go to New York and have enough postage so that it could be sent back. $23 later it was all done. Assuming that Kate Lee sends it back, the next full manuscript shipment will only cost that $23 bucks. Not bad I say.
I’m not sure what I was expecting, but from all of the worrying I’ve read about online and in other media, it seemed like it was going to be a huge ordeal. It wasn’t. I highly recommend it.
No comments:
Post a Comment