Monday, May 4, 2026

Grand Accounting

All of the receipts are now ensonced in the Partagas cigar box on my desk. Thus far I've spent a few cents over $135. Not bad I don't think. That's less than a dollar an agent. I spent almost $80 on stamps alone. The rest was for supplies and printer ink. So all in all, I need to budget approximately a dollar an agent.

I suspect as more and more agents begin to accept only email queries even that number will go down. At the moment I'm completely out of stamps and envelopes so will make sure I budget another hundred at least for the remaining 115 agents I plan to query.

Keep in mind, DO NOT use the "Fine Business Paper" envelopes from Office Max. This was the worst purchase of the ordeal. I've had countless SASE's returned with the flap open, and two with missing papers inside. It's embarrassing to write and agent and confess that a cheap envelope ruined their response, and could they please take a minute to let me know if they rejected me. Humbling to say the least.

No comments: