Monday, May 4, 2026

Solved

The problem of sending my manuscript to that agent on an exclusive basis has been solved. The agent I was hoping would accept my manuscript has passed on it.

Until she wrote back, I had no idea how much I was hoping she would accept it. It's funny how even when I try to detach myself from the selection process, I still get wrapped up in it. I just finished a book my brother loaned me, A Voyage for Madmen, about nine men who try to sail around the world alone without stopping.

One man, Donald Crowhurst, placed so many burdens and demands on himself that he found it impossible to quit. He was not a sailor, realized he was out of his league, and even thought about quitting, but never got to the point where he felt he could quit and not lose his family and his lifestyle. He faced a miserable end. He cheated on the trip, never circumnavigated the Earth, and on his return to England, just a few days shy of supposedly completing the trip, he killed himself out of shame for what he was about to do.

It's a good lesson for putting ones eggs in one basket. I hereby reaffirm not to "Crowhurst" myself during the process!

No comments: