Monday, May 4, 2026

Update


So, here is a quick update.

Toe the Line
I'm still sending out requests for representation to agents. I recieved to negatives yesterday. I am working at a pace of one request per week and easily have enough prospects to last the rest of the year.
My roommate read Toe the Line and was quite enthusiastic about it. She had some edits, but she loved the last few lines the most. Almost gushed.
A friend of mine also read the manuscript, she too liked it.
JA Konrath spent nine years sending out requests before finally getting a positive . . . I'm not through with year one yet.

Muzzie's Memoirs
Muzzie is exceedingly frustrated and frustrating. I can't tell how she wants to proceed. We're about 50K words into her manuscript and she is talking about starting over. She says she doesn't find it worth reading or exciting. I bite my tongue when I want to reply with "well, it's your life."
One of her favorite things to write is: "There was much hugging and kissing, and love all around." She never says this, but she writes it alot. Pehaps the title should be "Love all around" or "Love all Around Me."
I completely deleted the paragraph long description and explanation regarding her episiotomy. I'll save the rest of the family that particular horror and bare the burden myself.
Nevertheless, I plan on finished the first draft edit and sending it to her in paper format by the end of the week. Needless to say this has slowed down my editing of Running on the Edge.


Running on the Edge
I wrote this three years ago. It's about an adventure race in Big Bend. I'm rewriting/editing it and boy it's a ton better following the rewrite. Much better characters, new twists, new plots. I plan on being done by August so I can get ready for NaNoWriMo next year.
My hope is that when I run out of agents for Toe the Line, I'll be ready to start again with Running on the Edge.

So that's how things are going.


No comments: