Many agents take advantage of web technology and have writers submit online. They usually ask for quite a bit of information via a web form or email. Although I like the email option more, as it allows me to include what I want, one web form stuck out.
I think it was for an agency with the name "park" in it. As I recall the agency had many pictures of Central Park in it. Sadly my spreadsheet isn't specific enough to help me narrow this down. Nevertheless, one of the questions in the webform was "sample line" or "favorite line".
I knew exactly which line to send. Chapter 1, page 5 of Toe the Line. I was trying to express to the reader how out of sync and confused Wynn, the protagonist was.
"I felt the world flowing past me like a flooded river, caught up in the raging water like a piece of debris, drifting along wherever the current took me."
I hope it strikes the agent as much as it did me.
No comments:
Post a Comment