I received yet another request for a full manuscript. This is a positive development as I stated before, but still I have yet to hear from any agents who have already read my writing. This is a bit disconcerting.
When I started this process I was sure that Toe the Line was a decent novel. Sure it could have used another edit or two, but still, compared to some of the other novels I have read it wasn’t too bad. Also, I’ve been in some writing groups, and it seemed to me that my novel was as good if not better than some of the material I was reading in those groups. I thought for sure that Toe the Line could hold its own if that was my competition.
Now, a month or so into this query process, and having heard from no agents who have actually read some sample chapters I’m beginning to doubt myself. I find myself wishing I had undergone another re-write. I find myself wishing that Body Count was done so I could sent that around. It’s a funny loss of confidence. It’s taken 5 weeks to lose it, like gravel on a trail rolling down the hill. My trail is now far less substantial than it was back in July.
Still in all, three requests for full manuscript is better than none. I still look forward to hearing more from someone who actually reads my sample chapters and wants to read more.
No comments:
Post a Comment