Monday, May 4, 2026

Kindle

If you think I post too many articles on the iPad and on the evolution of publishing, you haven't read Nathan Bransford's blog. Granted, he is an agent, and probably has more right to be concerned with these aspects of the publishing world, but some of his posts in the past year have been about how much he enjoys reading on his iPhone.

For the past year or so I've been trying to work up the nerve to buy either an iPhone, or now a new iPad. I've kinda been fascillating and stalling since I still have six more months on my Verizon contract. The question is moot (in the famous words of Jesse Jackson), my roommate gave me a Kindle.

I'm surprised by how much I like the Kindle. I immediately downloaded the very book I was reading and am now reading it on the Kindle. I think I like it more on the Kindle. I love the quick content searches and even more, I love the fact that buying a book for the Kindle on Amazon is like buying a book at Half Price Books.

There is also an option to publish via Kindle. So if I don't get any hits on my manuscript in the next year, look for Toe the Line on the Kindle. Two thumbs up so far.

No comments: