She started out well. She read the first two chapters in one night. I was watching Monday Night Football, so was not in the same room. It was bearable. Then Tuesday night, she didn't read it. I found myself wondering why she wasn't reading it. Was her crossword puzzle really that much more intriguing? Wednesday night, still didn't read it. Not till Friday night did she read it again. I was just at the point of having decided to take it away when WHAMO, she decided to read it again. My heart soared. My wifey had come through. Then Saturday night, back to the crosswords. Heart no longer soaring. I decided at that point that the experiment had run its course.
Here is a gal who usually reads books in two or three days and she had barely gotten through chapter three in a week. Not only that, but I found myself counting the number of other things she did on that long Thanksgiving holiday that did not include reading my book; crossword, cooking desserts, watching a new sitcom on Netflix by herself, her sewing craft and more. Each one was upsetting.
She asked me yesterday for a second chance. I demurred. I kinda found out what I needed to know. The biggest lesson I learned? Don't let the wifey read my gear.
No comments:
Post a Comment