Monday, May 4, 2026

No Longer Really Notice

A bit of mission creep seems to have set in. I've become completely inured to the process of getting rejections. I no longer go to the mailbox with a sense of trepidation, instead it's just another part of the day. Rejections come and I "ho-hum" them as if they were coupon mailers.

Not sure if this is because I'm on a bit of a hiatus with the manuscript at ICM and I can't send it anywhere else, or if it has to do with the impending loss of my full time job. The larger issues in my life overwhelming the tracking of what still is a hobby.

I suppose this type of malaise is better than the alternative. An alternative where I would get revved up only to feel crushed when the rejections came.

Nevertheless, got five more rejections yesterday, hardly seemed to notice.

No comments: