Monday, May 4, 2026

The Reason for the Article

I just posted a rather long article, but there's a reason for it. It has inspired me to write a story with the main character being a private investigator for an airline company trying to crack down on luggage theft. I can see the short story already. He finally finds a couple that he thinks are the theives, he tracks them to their home, the whole time he is telling about how it's going to be rewarding to finally catch these theives, talking about the social contract in society about not stealing, about how everyone must do their part, self rightous stuff....then BOOM, he sees where they live. Old couple, taking care of many kids, a child that is special needs, lots and lots of poverty, and he has a momentary delimma about his course of action. I'd leave it right there so that the reader doesn't know what he is going to do.

No comments: